Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance quotes for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got this online quote from Aviva's online tool; 283/mo.

upload_2018-5-9_8-54-44.png

I got a quote from PC insurance and AVIVA
No records and never claimed.

PC insurance with Intact: $2326/year. Includes everything

Aviva: $2346/ year . If I bundle it with home insurance you save 15% and additional 5% on top of you pay upfront so drops down to $2030. Same coverage as PC. But the interesting thing with this is $0 deductible if you’ve been claim free for past 5 years. If not, it will be 20% off on your deductible/year for every year you are claim free. It’s a nice incentive.

Insurance is quite expensive in Toronto compared to what I’m seeing on this forum.

Last edited:
I ended up getting another quote from Kanetix which is a website that find insurance quotes then transfers you to the the insurance company.

Here's the update on my quote.
My new quote with Coseco which is a sister company of Co-operators.

$1985/year. All your standard stuff:
1 million
1000 deductible comphrehensive
1000 deductible for collision
1 free accident endorsement
replacement of vehicle within 24/months

$1699/year if I bundle it with home insurance.

I was quoted $3612 / year ($301 / month) with Desjardins Insurance
2m
1k deductible for collision
Free replacement of new vehicle (if totaled) /parts within 5 years
and these three step trouble free thing they guaranteed, forgot the exact terms (insurance coverage on rental car in US and CAN, $50 disbursement for road side assistance, and another thing I forgot).

I was quoted $3612 / year ($301 / month) with Desjardins Insurance
2m
1k deductible for collision
Free replacement of new vehicle (if totaled) /parts within 5 years
and these three step trouble free thing they guaranteed, forgot the exact terms (insurance coverage on rental car in US and CAN, $50 disbursement for road side assistance, and another thing I forgot).

I got a similar quote, 35yrs old, 10 years of clean driving and no accidents. Living in Scarborough sucks for insurance.

There are better options out there that'll save you $500-800 if you're stuck in Scarborough like me.

Interesting thing happened to me, which I think may help someone here. Don't read too much into the actual rate I get (because I get employer discounts with my company through ThePersonal) but more so the scenario.

- I called for a quote on the M3 after I configured in April, which was to replace my existing 2014 Lexus IS 350 and I was given a rate of $1195.

- I got rid of my Lexus so I removed the vehicle from my insurance policy (I still had another car on it - Civic)

- After getting my VIN, I called ThePersonal back to get another quote and they said it'd be $1900+ so I said "wtf??" and referred them to the original quote I received. The person I spoke with said she'd research and call me back.

- She called me back saying that she had to add my Lexus back onto the policy and then replace it with the M3 once I take delivery to get the quote of $1195. I asked "why?" and she stated that if I add a new car, the new car takes into account the most current premium figures used by the company. If I replace the car, it takes into account the insurance premiums that were used at the time I last renewed the vehicle (which would have been November 2016).

Therefore, if any of you are in the same situation, ask them to simulate putting your old car back on and replacing it instead. The downside is I now have to repay back a months worth of premiums on the Lexus that I no longer have but that's much cheaper! Hope this helps people.

Just checked again with TD Meloche Monnex. They still don't have the Model 3 in the system, so they set up my insurance for the Model 3 70D...the price is slightly different, so it might come down a little, but overall, they gave a petty good rate ($900/yr). TD seems to have good rates (from the ones I have seen posted here)....my rate could be relatively low because I have my wife's car and the house insurance....and I have had my car insurance with them since 2001.

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk