Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integrated wireless charging in cubby

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
I forgot the S also shares the same cubby as the X!

1621975658958.png

1621975639237.png

Original thread here:

Wow that's very creative! How is it working out so far? Im assuming it should work perfectly, if not better than the Tesla charger haha
So far, so good. You can't even tell it's there. The two goals for the project were to:
a) charge multiple devices at the same time, wirelessly
b) maintain use of the cubby and center console

I've never been a huge fan of wireless charging, but it's nice to just drop the phone down and have it charge *at whatever rate it feels like* 🤣 If I'm really low on power I'll just plug in my (also) Anker USB-C fast charger.

Nice, but literally EVERYTHING flies out of the cubby as soon as I smash the gas. That's why I did the cubby drawer. Does your phone not fly out?

I'll report back. Wanted to keep it simple at first and make changes as necessary. If I lose my phone I'll probably try out a mat like this:

And, if that doesn't work I'll add a magnet to locate everything. Honestly, I'm not too worried about it. I rarely charge in the car, and if I do, it'll be on a longer highway drive. Or just charging something small like headphones.