Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intel chip time again...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kecoli

Mar 21, 2021
Not so much disappointed but you know.... MYLR 7seater

capture-jpg.767083

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 832
How can they justify the price?!

The excuses I read someone shared from Tesla Advisor was that they are trying to drain old intel stock. This does not make any sense because then they'd already allocated those parts at the old price.

My guess is there are two BOMs (Bill of Materials) active in the factory
  • MY with intel build have 2021 BOM
  • MY with amd build have 2022 BOM
Now in Feb '22, people buying the "same model" year, paying the same price, yet one is hugely lacking.

Also there are reports that the new AMD processor is taking up more energy and reducing range. Why isn't Tesla updating the EPA range for these builds???

I'm not savvy on these things. Just a salty speculator. I would not pay post price hike for 2021 specs. But then again I might simp at first sight and take delivery next weekend 🤣

How can they justify the price?!

The excuses I read someone shared from Tesla Advisor was that they are trying to drain old intel stock. This does not make any sense because then they'd already allocated those parts at the old price.

My guess is there are two BOMs (Bill of Materials) active in the factory
  • MY with intel build have 2021 BOM
  • MY with amd build have 2022 BOM
Now in Feb '22, people buying the "same model" year, paying the same price, yet one is hugely lacking.

Also there are reports that the new AMD processor is taking up more energy and reducing range. Why isn't Tesla updating the EPA range for these builds???

I'm not savvy on these things. Just a salty speculator. I would not pay post price hike for 2021 specs. But then again I might simp at first sight and take delivery next weekend 🤣
People have been getting AMD chips for the last month so could realistically gather data on if range is reduced or not. But I’m with you, I don’t want to all of a sudden get old tech. My EDD window is basically here and in my head I’m like “reject if Intel”, but not sure when it comes down to it. Will have to weigh it out as I got in right before the last $3k hike.

For those who rejected an Intel VIN, did you get an updated EDD right away? How far out?
I rejected an Intel with VIN 379xxx on February 10th and the SA told me that I have to wait until February 24 to get back on the waiting list. My order date was 01/09/22 from Atlanta, GA. He was kind of rude over the phone. Made it seem as if I was a spoiled brat for wanting an AMD. Whatever. 🤷‍♂️

I rejected an Intel with VIN 379xxx on February 10th and the SA told me that I have to wait until February 24 to get back on the waiting list. My order date was 01/09/22 from Atlanta, GA. He was kind of rude over the phone. Made it seem as if I was a spoiled brat for wanting an AMD. Whatever. 🤷‍♂️
It’s your money. If they want it they can be transparent about what you are buying.

Reactions: Ken_vs_Ryu