Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interconnection Agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my interconnection agreement in Section 3 which read s as follows.

3. METERING AND BILLING:

3.1 Metering requirements and billing procedures shall be set forth in SCE’s, Electric Service
Provider’s and/or Community Choice Aggregator’s/Community Aggregator’s rate
schedule(s) applicable to the electric service account assigned to the location where the
Generating Facility is connected.

3.2 MONTHLY BILLING ELECTION:

By default, Residential and Small Commercial NEM Customers are billed (i.e., required to
pay) ANNUALLY for their energy charges. However, the provisions of Schedules NEM and
NEM-ST provide that “Upon a Customer’s request, SCE shall permit a Residential or Small
Commercial Customer to pay all applicable energy charges monthly.

Customers on monthly billing will receive monthly bill statements showing both the energy
and non- energy related billing components and corresponding charges, and will be required
to pay any positive energy charges monthly.

Having considered billing options that are available, I hereby request for monthly billing for
the Customer Service Account Number listed above. _________________ (initial here)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note the last line where it requests monthly billing instead of annual billing. In my case, during the winter I consume more than I generate and, in that case, would have to pay for those months rather than offset from my credit that I have built up. I called up Tesla who checked with SCE and said that I did not have to initial and remain in annual billing.

In my interconnection agreement in Section 3 which read s as follows.

3. METERING AND BILLING:

3.1 Metering requirements and billing procedures shall be set forth in SCE’s, Electric Service
Provider’s and/or Community Choice Aggregator’s/Community Aggregator’s rate
schedule(s) applicable to the electric service account assigned to the location where the
Generating Facility is connected.

3.2 MONTHLY BILLING ELECTION:

By default, Residential and Small Commercial NEM Customers are billed (i.e., required to
pay) ANNUALLY for their energy charges. However, the provisions of Schedules NEM and
NEM-ST provide that “Upon a Customer’s request, SCE shall permit a Residential or Small
Commercial Customer to pay all applicable energy charges monthly.

Customers on monthly billing will receive monthly bill statements showing both the energy
and non- energy related billing components and corresponding charges, and will be required
to pay any positive energy charges monthly.

Having considered billing options that are available, I hereby request for monthly billing for
the Customer Service Account Number listed above. _________________ (initial here)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note the last line where it requests monthly billing instead of annual billing. In my case, during the winter I consume more than I generate and, in that case, would have to pay for those months rather than offset from my credit that I have built up. I called up Tesla who checked with SCE and said that I did not have to initial and remain in annual billing.
SCE also spams that in the monthly bill explaining it's a "great" option to switch to.

I think they rather not have balances they have to keep track of annually. Those of us on NEM 2.0 already pay NBCs monthly, so this wouldn't improve anything.

I don't believe they roll-over credits if it's monthly tru-up, so we get penalized in the fall/winter months.