Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

interesting article

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I find disturbing is that this is similar to someone owning a high powered rifle, then their irresponsible son goes on a killing spree, and they sue the gun manufacturer. It's a bit of a stretch, I guess, but essentially any vehicle can be weaponized.

This is the part that really gets to me:
"Tesla lawyers argued that Riley's parents were negligent by allowing him to drive the car, despite his record of reckless driving and speeding."
It's the parents who should be sued for dereliction of duty as parents.

Reactions: Ostrichsak
What I find disturbing is that this is similar to someone owning a high powered rifle, then their irresponsible son goes on a killing spree, and they sue the gun manufacturer. It's a bit of a stretch, I guess, but essentially any vehicle can be weaponized.

This is the part that really gets to me:
"Tesla lawyers argued that Riley's parents were negligent by allowing him to drive the car, despite his record of reckless driving and speeding."
It's the parents who should be sued for dereliction of duty as parents.
Perfect analogy. Another example is suing beer makers for DUI-related accidents or other alcohol related accidents/deaths.

Anything so that outraged people don't have to accept the fact that their loved one messed up. That big bad [insert company name here] did this! Pay me!

#imissamerica