Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting HWPC charge amp change after software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a HPWC installed on a 60 amp breaker charging my car at 48 amps, usually around 36 mi/hr (2013 P85 w/ dual chargers). After the last software update I received about a week ago, the car suddenly only charges at 40 amps, 30 mi/hr). I changed no settings. The car shows I have it set at 48 amp, but is only charging at 40 (so the display 30 mi/hr, 245v, 40/48a). What would cause the drop in charging rate? I cant seem to figure out how to get it to charge at 48 amps again. And yes, I've reset the car, triple checked the settings, etc. Anyone have any ideas?

Make sure your rotary switch didn't drift out of position for some reason...

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 10.09.17 PM.png

Yeah, that sounds suspiciously like a firmware or hardware issue with one of your two chargers.

You sure you can’t hit the plus button while charging to jack it up to 48 again? I thought the first number was what you had the limit set to and the second was for what the upper limit actually is? A friend had this issue. They did not realize it was settable and it had gotten bumped.