Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Interesting" P90D X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i just stumbled upon this one and thought I would share it...heavily discounted, not quite sure why other than it's a low vin. 3yr lease in the low $900s a month, $105k cash and eligible for incentives. What am I missing?

Model X P90D 5YJXCAE41GF006831 | Tesla
I saw it a day or two ago, it was a grey car. It had had body damage and quite a few miles. The day before there was an even better deal on a Pearl White one with L but same deal with the body damage. Problem is the damages are extensive enough to have a carfax which kills resale but if you lease it doesn't matter unless you care.

Where are you finding these? The listing is no longer available, but can you share some of the terms?

I peruse ev-cpo.com on a regular basis and post whatever I find on the relevant boards...That's how I picked up my current car so I am paying it forward so to speak.

From memory, these 2 Xs were fully loaded, ~5k miles, AP 1.0, ~$35k discount. The lease payments on the 1st one was $940-ish, the second $980, both with $6k-ish down, 3 year/10k miles per year.

@Xolt good insight re. the carfax and I agree that this would impact resale. W/o getting a lease vs. buy discussion, these deals are best suited for leases imho for 2 reasons:

1- No worries re. resale value impact
2- But even more importantly, the high discount decreases monthly payments significantly when leasing: since the residual is based on the MSRP while the monthly payments are based on the final, discounted price, the residual is in essence inflated, which reduces the lease payments and the higher the discount as a percentage of the sale price, the better.

For context, when I leased my car, I had to walk Tesla Finance through this twice as they were running the numbers wrong by only accounting for the sale price, not the MSRP price and the associated difference between the 2.

Last edited:
I agree 100% with you hmmm. Leasing a tesla vehicle that has a high discount compared to MSRP is financially very attractive - solely due to the way Tesla structures the leases. If you can do a 2 year lease(not sure if they still do those) it's even better. This is how many folks got P90D Model S mid-2016 for a monthly lease payment around $500/month. What a fantastic deal those were!

If you can do a 2 year lease(not sure if they still do those) it's even better. This is how many folks got P90D Model S mid-2016 for a monthly lease payment around $500/month. What a fantastic deal those were!

Indeed. I was lucky to jump on the thread below early and that's how I 1) realized how the math was supposed to work and 2) pulled the trigger really fast after that...only asking my wife for forgiveness after the fact :)

Snagged a P90D Inventory car for $700/mnth on the new 24 month lease

Reactions: Jay Hawk
I peruse ev-cpo.com on a regular basis and post whatever I find on the relevant boards...That's how I picked up my current car so I am paying it forward so to speak.

From memory, these 2 Xs were fully loaded, ~5k miles, AP 1.0, ~$35k discount. The lease payments on the 1st one was $940-ish, the second $980, both with $6k-ish down, 3 year/10k miles per year.

@Xolt good insight re. the carfax and I agree that this would impact resale. W/o getting a lease vs. buy discussion, these deals are best suited for leases imho for 2 reasons:

1- No worries re. resale value impact
2- But even more importantly, the high discount decreases monthly payments significantly when leasing: since the residual is based on the MSRP while the monthly payments are based on the final, discounted price, the residual is in essence inflated, which reduces the lease payments and the higher the discount as a percentage of the sale price, the better.

For context, when I leased my car, I had to walk Tesla Finance through this twice as they were running the numbers wrong by only accounting for the sale price, not the MSRP price and the associated difference between the 2.

Great points! Does Tesla handle the $7500 rebate differently for leasing inventory cars vs. brand new?