Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior cell/middle compartment light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was looking for a light for the cell and middle compartments of the model 3. I have a tray in the middle compartment and it covers up the Tesla light. I settled on an 8 inch battery powered stick on light. It's thin enough that it doesn't hit the cell phone compartment lid. I mounted it on the backside of the monitor at the bottom so it's completely invisable untill you need it. It looks like Amazon is out of the single pack but two packs are still available. The picture shows the light at full brightness at night.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B075RWSJ16/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_k7BTEbH92YS4W

Attachments

• IMG_20200506_203524.jpg
    IMG_20200506_203524.jpg
    430.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Nice. The OE console light is dismal. I got the mymod3 light and it's awesome. I have an extra one if anyone is interested.

https://www.mymod3.com/product-page/center-console-led-light

i may be interested if its still available.

i read the description on the mymod site. how difficult was the install? can you share any experience or post a photo of how the etup works/looks?

even if you no longer have the item im still interested once the site gets them back in stock.

i may be interested if its still available.

i read the description on the mymod site. how difficult was the install? can you share any experience or post a photo of how the etup works/looks?

even if you no longer have the item im still interested once the site gets them back in stock.
It is available - I have one pending sale as of now. I don't have a photo now as I'm travelling but it's UBER easy to install. So much improvement over the dismal OE tiny light.

- Pop the center console side blade off.
- Unplug the OE light console light plug (male/female)
- Plug the new light in and run the cable up to under the screen (i tucked it in the dash/console gap)
- Stick the light where you want under the screen - it comes with double-sided tape.
- Reinstall the console side blade.
- Enjoy great illumination when the center storage lid is opened. :cool:

It is available - I have one pending sale as of now. I don't have a photo now as I'm travelling but it's UBER easy to install. So much improvement over the dismal OE tiny light.

- Pop the center console side blade off.
- Unplug the OE light console light plug (male/female)
- Plug the new light in and run the cable up to under the screen (i tucked it in the dash/console gap)
- Stick the light where you want under the screen - it comes with double-sided tape.
- Reinstall the console side blade.
- Enjoy great illumination when the center storage lid is opened. :cool:

Interested in purchasing the light if still available. PM’ed!