Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior door panel gaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else noticed this gap between the interior door panel and the metal part of the door? All of my doors look like this. If it was just one I'd assume maybe a broken clip/poor installation. Seems like this could be a source of interior noise.

Is this normal? Has anyone attempted to fix?

gLxz6qhRSmecfPgDENFkAA.jpg

Attachments

• gLxz6qhRSmecfPgDENFkAA.jpg
    gLxz6qhRSmecfPgDENFkAA.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 282
  • Informative
Reactions: chinnam3
I've been tracking down a squeak in the rear near/on the door. Just running my hand around the edges of the door it seems like none of the trim is actually anchored directly at the edges. With a gap between the trim and the painted metal it should be pretty squeak free. I can't tell exactly where your picture is from, but I think it is "normal".

the interior of the door has a plastic panel (basically the interior of the door which you see when seated in the car). This is attached to the metal part of the door with numerous clips and screws. On every other car I've owned, the plastic piece is pressed flush against the metal. In my car there is a gap.

I noticed a gap like that on my passenger front door, but the SC took the door off and put it back on, saying it was fine. I gave up on that one. I did just notice that the backside of that door panel sticks up above the chrome trim on one of my rear doors. Can't believe I didn't see it earlier, but you can see the back plastic part of that interior door panel clearly when looking at the car from the outside. Tempted to ask them to fix it, but they tend to create a new problem, or at least scratch my paint.

I noticed a gap like that on my passenger front door, but the SC took the door off and put it back on, saying it was fine. I gave up on that one. I did just notice that the backside of that door panel sticks up above the chrome trim on one of my rear doors. Can't believe I didn't see it earlier, but you can see the back plastic part of that interior door panel clearly when looking at the car from the outside. Tempted to ask them to fix it, but they tend to create a new problem, or at least scratch my paint.
so the gap was still there after they reinstalled?