Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior trunk size (width) on Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tigers

Mar 10, 2020
East Side
Can someone tell me the size, in inches, of how wide the interior of the Tesla Model S trunk is? I seriously cannot find this anywhere.

I'm looking for the width at it's widest point and it's smallest point.

Can anyone help me out/measure their trunk? Thanks!

With the rear seats up, the width at the smallest is between the rails for the cargo cover and the base of the wheel wells (floor) at 38 1/2". The width with the rear seats folded increases to a maximum of 54" between the two rear doors.

Reactions: Tigers
With the rear seats up, the width at the smallest is between the rails for the cargo cover and the base of the wheel wells (floor) at 38 1/2". The width with the rear seats folded increases to a maximum of 54" between the two rear doors.
Thanks, but what is the width behind the wheel wells (the space closest to the end of the car)? I'm trying to figure outsizing of my bike with the wheel on. I know Tesla says it'll fit (I think the new one is two inches wider) but I'm curious what the width of the space it before you get to the wheel wells.

Behind the wheel arches there is a hole on the left is 12" tall x 15" wide by 56" across to the other side (right). Also on the right side, there is a really small hole above the floor about 12" off the floor that probably adds about 6" of width to the 56" across, but it is only about 6" wide. This is all measured with the floor and not the storage compartment below the floor at the rear of the vehicle.

Reactions: Tigers
The dimensions likely will have changed for the refreshed Model S. When I look a photos of the rear space it definitely looks like there have been changes made. If you're buying a refreshed Model S LR, Plaid, or Plaid+ you can't rely on the dimensions for previous Model S.
Found this out when I had large items in my P85 and got long range pre-refresh as a loaner. The rear part of the floor seemed different, and of course the frunk was quite small by comparison.