Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intermittent rattle from left edge of dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I noticed a very loud and constant rattle coming from the left edge of the dash. I found the source location almost instantly and found that if I just applied pressure the rattle would stop, but as soon as I removed my hand it would return. This is from the far left side of the top of the dash just behind the vent area where the piece is rubbery. On subsequent drives the rattle has now disappeared. It seems to have only been on one trip. Any ideas what could cause this?

Yesterday I noticed a very loud and constant rattle coming from the left edge of the dash. I found the source location almost instantly and found that if I just applied pressure the rattle would stop, but as soon as I removed my hand it would return. This is from the far left side of the top of the dash just behind the vent area where the piece is rubbery. On subsequent drives the rattle has now disappeared. It seems to have only been on one trip. Any ideas what could cause this?
A missing hand...

Does the rattle only happen at higher speeds? I had a similar issue which turned out to be a loose hose (which feeds water to the windscreen wipers) which had not been clipped in correctly at the factory. Took 30 seconds to identify and fix at the service centre.

When I picked up my AWD model back in May it had a similar issue. The noise would increase whenever the A/C was running at higher setting. Anyhow, my local service center removed part of the dash in order to tighten up certain areas of the vent assembly. This resolved the issue for me.