TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Internet Radio News/talk

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Thedrifter5, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Thedrifter5

Thedrifter5 Member

Any suggestions for the best internet radio live news stations? I found cnn, but am coming from a car that had serius/Xm, which was always tuned to CNBC and msnbc, and on which I could also flip to Bloomberg, Fox News and other stations. I'm also missing Howard Stern.
    Also, what's the best way to find and listen to podcasts?
    I know I can use my iPhone to connect to serius/Xm, but that's a lot of fiddling while I'm driving.
    Thanks for tips!

2. UberEV1

UberEV1 Member

I like the NPR News Update station - it plays the current hour's news whenever you select the station (it's like getting the top of the hour news without having to wait for the top of the hour). Accessing TED talks via TuneIn is also great, especially on longer road trips.

3. bigdomer

bigdomer Member

Do you have Sirius/XM in another vehicle? If so, tack on the internet option for a couple of bucks a month and listen to it in your Model S via bluetooth audio. That's what I decided to do to solve the problem in the OP's message.