TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Intro and Question

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dbw77, Sep 1, 2013.

1. dbw77

dbw77 Member

Hi,
    I'm Dave, and I live in Silicon Valley in the Santa Cruz Mountains. Just ordered MS on 8/19 waiting for Sept delivery!

My quesiton is: I see many users placing footers at the bottom of their posts with their MS specs and VIN.

Is there a way to have this footer be automatic in a setting somewhere, or is it just copy/paste into every post? I searched and can't find a setting to enable the footer, so I would like to know how it's done!

Thanks in advance :)

2. paulkva

paulkva Member

I think the forum software allows you to create a signature after you've written a certain number of unflagged/unmoderated posts. You might also find some of your first few posts held for moderation automatically -- I think that happened to me because my first attempted post was long. I would happily be corrected by anyone more experienced here. :)

Welcome and congrats on the order!

3. spaghetti

spaghetti Member

Congrats! You will love the car. The wait can be painful, but you can use the time to read tons of useful information on this board. Re your question re the footer, you need to set up your signature. Go to "Settings" on the top right, and then "Edit Signature" under "My Settings" along the left side.

4. dbw77

dbw77 Member

I know I will love the car, I already do, 3 test drives, I want to go to the store every weekend and drive it again!
    I check new posts here every day for new tidbits of info and I love reading user delivery stories.

As for the Signature, seems I don't have that setting, and that was one of the settings I searched for before I posted about it.
    Maybe it is a restriction on new users or something as was suggested in other post, maybe I need 5 or more posts...

Thanks... I will keep trying

5. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

It takes a certain number of posts then you can edit your signature. It's one of the many spam and other protections here. Congrats on the reservation.