Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Intro post

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

New here, but not to forums!

Owned my 19' LR AWD (AP) about 2 weeks now

Wheels spacers and tint so far
IMG_5595.jpg

I wish it was. It was delivered with a huge chunk down to bare metal on the lower driver side door. I almost denied delivery but was assured it would be sorted. I’ll post a pic when I’m at my laptop

I feel your pain !! I had a bad delivery experience and my Model 3 was delivered with multiple defects. Waited 2.5 months for a body shop appointment. Costed Tesla over $3500 for repairs, plus a Tesla Model S 100D loaner for 2 full weeks.

The delivery agent took pix of the same stuff i posted, and said tesla would sort it out

Don't let them forget about you. Tesla SC in Rocklin, CA told me for the fastest service to call the body shop directly. Since I had to wait 2.5 months for my car to be fixed, it gave me time to give the car a detailed inspection. Found about 13 additional items for the body shop to correct.

Good Luck and keep us updated on how the repairs go.

I feel your pain. I didn't notice it on my first review of my car, but I found a tiny paint chip at the corner of the right tail light, so I had to take it to a Tesla-approved body shop for repair. (Tesla gave me a "due bill" and promised they'd pay for it.) I dropped it off on Monday morning and it's still there, so I'm getting a bit antsy. I know they've been doing stuff with it, since TeslaFi is reporting it's being moved every few hours.

This sort of thing has got to be cutting into Tesla's bottom line. I can't imagine it's cheaper to send out cars that need immediate repairs at body shops than to fix the problems with their assembly line, or at least to fix the problems before they leave the factory.

This sort of thing has got to be cutting into Tesla's bottom line. I can't imagine it's cheaper to send out cars that need immediate repairs at body shops than to fix the problems with their assembly line, or at least to fix the problems before they leave the factory.

I'm in complete agreement with you. I don't know what Enterprise Rent-A-Car charges for a 2 week rental of a Tesla Model S 100D, but I'm sure it's not like renting one of their economy cars like a Mirage. Adding the cost of the rental to the body shops cost of more than $3500 comes out to a not insignificant amount of money.

I was showing the mobile Tesla tech all the imbedded sand particles in the paint and he said he has seen a lot worse....yikes !