Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Invoice 48 hours before delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got final invoice 1 week to go having been told the 48 hour thing.

Presumably the Settlement payment in final section is trade in and the £3 I sent through earlier.

I know it says use invoice number, but Ive tested using RN so will probably stick with that as I know it gets there. I know it allows them to reconcile against an invoice, but I have no other unpaid invoices so its obvs what invoice it relates to.

What’s strange is the inconsistency in this.

I received an email from Tesla with payment instructions. No final invoice attached to the email or in my account.

Some receive an email with final invoice attached.

Some get a final invoice in their account page.

I was a bit unsure about paying such a large amount on the strength of an email only and via bank transfer. But I did and the payment showed up in my source code so thankfully all is well. But their approach is surely ripe for scammers to hack in some way via spoof emails and the like. Could be much better.

Confirmed - I paid a small test amount late last night, and sometime between noon today and 6pm it's appeared in my sourcecode under "ExistingDeposit" added to the original £2k
Strange... I paid 1/3 of my final invoice as a test on Friday morning (collection -7days) using invoice number as reference, now sunday morning and SC still only shows the original £2000 under "ExistingDeposit". Lines not open today so cant call them. Anyone else collected with their final invoice payment not showing in SC and been ok?

Strange... I paid 1/3 of my final invoice as a test on Friday morning (collection -7days) using invoice number as reference, now sunday morning and SC still only shows the original £2000 under "ExistingDeposit". Lines not open today so cant call them. Anyone else collected with their final invoice payment not showing in SC and been ok?

We updated our bank transfer details from RN to invoice as we have time on our side, so ended up doing a couple of small test payments. Seems to be taking longer than when we did it with RN or I am looking in the wrong place. ExistingDeposit still £3003 not £3006 as expected. I'm not concerned yet as it worked last time, only reference changed, and it is a weekend.

I paid against the Invoice number as directed on the Final Invoice. I paid a small amount from two sources to begin with and, yes, it did take 2 full working days to clear. Since then I have been dropping larger amounts in and the time taken to appear in the source code has sped up significantly (a matter of hours on Friday). Just finished paying today but don't expect a code change until Monday. It's a stress free way to do it IMO. All good so far. :cool:

So long as you can show you've paid it via your internet banking at the handover, they are fine.

I paided £30k the day before pickup and remaining amount about 3 hours before pickup - showed the handover lady on my phone and she was fine with it.

That was Burl's experience in his pickup video here too. Late invoice so he couldn't pay the full balance in time

At 3:13 in the video I can see white primer on the inside of the wing or through the open door. I cant get my head around this. Surely when you sit in a new car all that you should be able to see is the colour of your choice or am I being pedantic? I just looks so cheap and it worries me.

Ok panic over.
My first payment from friday morning now shows on SC monday morning.
Conclusion: tesla accounts team dont work weekends, and fridays at end of quarter must be very busy invoice-wise.

So long as you can show you've paid it via your internet banking at the handover, they are fine.

I paided £30k the day before pickup and remaining amount about 3 hours before pickup - showed the handover lady on my phone and she was fine with it.

that’s good to know. I’m still waiting on EST funds (they say they paid it on Thursday last week). With my pickup on the 28th I started worrying that if I don’t pay early they may give the car to someone else.

Did you tell them before hand you would only pay close to the date? Do I need to tell them?

that’s good to know. I’m still waiting on EST funds (they say they paid it on Thursday last week). With my pickup on the 28th I started worrying that if I don’t pay early they may give the car to someone else.

Did you tell them before hand you would only pay close to the date? Do I need to tell them?

no need to tell them- like I say, I paid 30k the day before, then £5340 on the morning of pick up about 3 hours before I got the car. Showed them the transactions on my phone banking and they were totally fine with it.

I sent a small (£10) test payment on 30th January using the invoice number as the reference and it's still not reached their account?

I'm now very nervous about sending across the balance in case that doesn't reach them and I am scheduled to collect the car next week!

Anyone know why this wouldn't have reached them? I've quadruple checked the bank account details against the invoice and everything matches. Is it because it's too small an amount and doesn't match what is owed? Apparently they reconcile each week so even if it had gone to their suspense account, it should have been reconciled by now?

Also, is there a way to see if a payment has been received on the Tesla account, rather than keep calling them up?

That is not how it should work. They should have received your £10 payment but if you were talking to a human, it would not surprise me if they have got it wrong - they quoted us an amount out by several ££££ when they called us to confirm - 'you only have another ££££ to pay' when actually we had another £££££ to pay!

(correct as of 5 months ago) You need to check the existingdeposit field in the source code - same area as the VIN. That will hold any payments already sent to Tesla, so your £10 plus any deposit and/or reservation fee. When we did ours, they seemed to reconcile a couple of times a day - mid morning and some point during the evening. I can't recall them reconciling over the weekend. We sent 4 small test payments - couple of £ (couple to reservation no and couple to invoice number), then the balance in 10k chunks from two separate accounts. Worked as expected and we could view the amounts in the field above to confirm correct balance. The only slight complication was trade in but it worked out in the end. And our remaining calculations were spot on, unlike Tesla's.

That is not how it should work. They should have received your £10 payment but if you were talking to a human, it would not surprise me if they have got it wrong - they quoted us an amount out by several ££££ when they called us to confirm - 'you only have another ££££ to pay' when actually we had another £££££ to pay!

(correct as of 5 months ago) You need to check the existingdeposit field in the source code - same area as the VIN. That will hold any payments already sent to Tesla, so your £10 plus any deposit and/or reservation fee. When we did ours, they seemed to reconcile a couple of times a day - mid morning and some point during the evening. I can't recall them reconciling over the weekend. We sent 4 small test payments - couple of £ (couple to reservation no and couple to invoice number), then the balance in 10k chunks from two separate accounts. Worked as expected and we could view the amounts in the field above to confirm correct balance. The only slight complication was trade in but it worked out in the end. And our remaining calculations were spot on, unlike Tesla's.

Thanks very much, that worked perfectly and I can see my £10 deposit + £2k initial deposit in that field so I'm happy it reached them.

What I don't understand is why no-one at Tesla (4 different stores plus head office accounts department) could tell me that or that they had received the money. But am so pleased I know it's reached there, so I can be confident to send the rest.

Thanks again for your help!

What I don't understand is why no-one at Tesla (4 different stores plus head office accounts department) could tell me that or that they had received the money.

Ask 5 people at Tesla the same question, get 6 different answers, none of them correct. Its unfortunately the way it seems to work when a simple 'I don't know' would be better, or 'let me find out for you' even better.

So I'm an idiot, which isn't news to anyone who knows me.

My Model 3 delivery date is Fri 21st Feb at 3pm, and I received an email from Tesla yesterday to tell me my final invoice had appeared and the payment had to be made at least a week before collection. As the email arrived at 3.30pm (already less than a week out) I had a mild panic and quickly set up Tesla as a bank transfer recipient, then had to wait another hour before I could send the deposit as it was more than £5000.

Anyway, in my haste when I finally sent it I didn't put my RN or invoice number on the transaction, and now I'll have to wait until Monday before I can speak to anyone on the phone to fix it.

I'm sure all this will be sorted, but I guess I need some reassurance if anyone else has had a similar senior moment with a huge sum of money :rolleyes:

So I'm an idiot, which isn't news to anyone who knows me.

My Model 3 delivery date is Fri 21st Feb at 3pm, and I received an email from Tesla yesterday to tell me my final invoice had appeared and the payment had to be made at least a week before collection. As the email arrived at 3.30pm (already less than a week out) I had a mild panic and quickly set up Tesla as a bank transfer recipient, then had to wait another hour before I could send the deposit as it was more than £5000.

Anyway, in my haste when I finally sent it I didn't put my RN or invoice number on the transaction, and now I'll have to wait until Monday before I can speak to anyone on the phone to fix it.

I'm sure all this will be sorted, but I guess I need some reassurance if anyone else has had a similar senior moment with a huge sum of money :rolleyes:

I’m sure somewhere says 48 hours and somewhere says 7 days. I think they need a better payment system to work on it. It takes longer to allocate your payment if there’s no reference as I believe they will work on the one do come with references.

I’m taking delivery on 20th Feb and only paid on 16th Feb. There’s still no show in my account. Maybe give them a call tomorrow.