Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPad app vehicle location issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Until recently, I could use the IPad app to track our car as my wife travelled home by using the location option. A map would appear and the car would stay centered as the map scrolled around it. Now, when I choose that feature, the car at first appears centered, but then drives off the map and I have to chase it. I’d like to have the app perform as it did before but can find no way to change it. Suggestions welcome.

The handy “similar threads” feature (below) directed me to another thread where I learned I am not alone with my concern about losing car tracking in the location section of the iPad (iPhone) app. Perhaps Tesla programmers are currently hard at work restoring that feature. 🙏

BTW, just added the photo of my 2020 LR on the starting line at Top Gun Dragstrip in Fallon NV, where the car consistently ran 12.2s at 118mph.😃 That was last summer and may have contributed to my burning the OEM tires down to the wear bars in 12,000 miles.

Last edited:
Until recently, I could use the IPad app to track our car as my wife travelled home by using the location option. A map would appear and the car would stay centered as the map scrolled around it. Now, when I choose that feature, the car at first appears centered, but then drives off the map and I have to chase it. I’d like to have the app perform as it did before but can find no way to change it. Suggestions welcome.
Stop doing whatever it is your wife doesn't want you doing, and you won't have to use your iPad to track her drive home. :)

• Funny
Reactions: 3geekfamily
Happy to report that I just successfully used the “location” function to check arrival estimate of my wife who is en route from Carson City to our home in Sparks, NV (50 miles). And no, I don’t own a cell phone :). Her dinner will be warm!

The app once again shows the car screen center, and the car stays there as the map moves (jumps in small increments ?) around it. Probably been this way awhile, but my first opportunity to use it since my first post.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3geekfamily