Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 15 Pro - HOT Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have an issue with the iPhone 15 Pro getting VERY hot when left on the charing pad for more than 10-15 min? A few times
now I've gotton the msg on the phone "iphone will resume charging when it returns to normal temp".

Have the lastest iOS 17.1.1.

Rolling in a '21 MYP.

My last phone (iPhone 13) did NOT do this at all.

My Oneplus 9 will also get rather hot when placed on the charge plate.

Incidentally it will also not charge very quickly on the chargepad.

My though is, the coil in the charger and the phone is probably not aligned very good so a lot of the energy is being wasted as heat, which is what heats up the phone.

If Elon wanted to go fancy, he would have put some motors on the charge coil and made the coil able to move up/down/left/right on the backside of the charge plate and then made it autoadjust the coil location based on what model was put on the charge plate.😆

This has happened with my iPhone 14 Pro Max. And it only works on the charging pad in one very specific position. Now I just keep a cable in the console to charge my iPhone when needed. The charging pads are just a handy place to rest my iPhone while I drive and I don't rely on them for charging at this point.