Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Iphone 15 Pro Max case that allows Tesla wireless charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Iphone 15 Pro Max w/ Apple stock clear case does not charge on 2020 MY wireless charging pad. Tried up/down left right pad. No go.
Other info: Without case, charges on Tesla pad no problem. With case charges fine on home wireless charging pad.
Had Iphone 12 Pro with third party clear case charged fine for years (but didnt charge with another case).
This is very specific combination of case and Tesla charging pad. Hopefully there is one out there.
->Does anybody know a Iphone 15 Pro Max case that will allow wireless charging in the Tesla? If proven, please send link. Would really really appreciate it.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Because I order iPhones for my company I had a little advantage with the cases. I was able to try a wide variety that different people ordered. My experience is that the standard Apple cases work fine. The clear one which is made of plastic did not work for me.

another case was by Decoded and the case was quite nice. It features a stand that is built on top of the MagSafe ring. A Casecoo case that has a stand which does not cover the MagSafe ring did work for me. The case was otherwise fairly thin and the stand was a metal pop out at the bottom.

That case also did not work. Obviously much thicker cases like OtterBox and any case designed to be carried in a holster failed.

Third-party cases similar to the Apple cases also worked

What case works with Iphone 15 Pro Max? Please send link
The first party apple FineWoven cases work. Nobody ordered a Silicon case so I could not test that.

A case from this TORRAS brand worked as well, the "ultra slim" variety. I suspect any ultra-slim/thin case will work.

What isn't work were case that had kickstands that folded over the MagSafe area like this one:

A case from this TORRAS brand worked as well, the "ultra slim" variety. I suspect any ultra-slim/thin case will work.
Came to this thread looking for a case that would work on my iPhone 15 and this works great, thanks for the tip. Had a clear plastic case before that was magsafe but I guess the case was too thick or something, couldn't get it to stay charging consistently. Wouldn't even work without a case on. TORRAS case seems to work perfectly.

I know this is a bit late but I tried a bunch of cases and wasn't happy with charging performance in my model Y. They either didn't charge at all (or only charged upside down) or the phone got way too hot. The case I finally settled on is this Pitaxa Case.

The price was a bit high but it is just the right combination of durability and minimalism and charges flawlessly in my model Y without getting too hot or charing too slow. So far the case has no noticeable wear over 6 months. The design is cool and made of real woven fibers as opposed to a printed design.

One useful thing I noticed was that if I place the case upside down on the Tesla charge mat, it charges faster, and if I place it right side up it charges slower. So if I did feel like it was getting too warm (maybe on a hot summer day when I'm charging for too long) I can simply flip it over and everything works fine, I still get a charge just slower with less heat. Also, I noticed if I dont want to charge at all I can place my phone screen-side down on the charging mat.