Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone and Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had issues with face id with the app? I've selected it, but it doesn't do anything. When I log out, i have to type in my credentials, face ID doesn't do anything. When my phone is locked, it still unlocks the car doors. Anyway to make this more secure? Log out of the app or something?

FaceID only allows you to open the app without typing the password every time. If you log out, you will need to log back in again with your password.

Most people allow the car to be unlocked just by having the phone in proximity as it is very convenient (and losing a phone is not so different than losing a key ... and if you lose your phone, you can easily remove its access right from your car).

But if you really want to manually unlock the car each time (either by using the key card, or by opening the app and clicking “unlock”), then there is a setting to disable the walk-up unlock from inside the car. Go to Controls, Locks, and then deselect the Walk Up Unlock.