Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone "guide" adapter also for the Model S ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
During the presentation of the Model X Elon Musk shortly mentioned the improved phone adapter. The current solution in the Tesla center console always has me fiddling several times until i get the iPhone to plug in. Does anyone here know if maybe this adapter will also be available for us Model S owners ? It looks just like a little plastic insert to me...

During the presentation of the Model X Elon Musk shortly mentioned the improved phone adapter. The current solution in the Tesla center console always has me fiddling several times until i get the iPhone to plug in. Does anyone here know if maybe this adapter will also be available for us Model S owners ? It looks just like a little plastic insert to me...

Ditto on this. And then when I do get it plugged in, it's not well supported at all. It sortof bounces around, prying on the adapter plug as it does so.

I didn't get that close of a look at it watching the video, and I only watched it once, but it looked like it was pretty similar to the adapters in the Model S center console, but extended up a little higher, to accommodate docking while in a case.