Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all.

2014 MS P90D (upgraded from P85D battery change via warranty)

For some reason, my iPhone keeps switching the ringer from silent to regular mode back and forth periodically sometimes more times than not when I am connected via BT to my car. If I disconnect it doesn't do it.
Has anyone had this happen?

also sometimes when I swipe down from the top right corner to turn off the blue tooth it makes my phone freeze. Only happens when I'm connected to the Tesla.

I have deleted my phone from the car and added again and that did not help.
Thanks for the tips

Hi all.

2014 MS P90D (upgraded from P85D battery change via warranty)

For some reason, my iPhone keeps switching the ringer from silent to regular mode back and forth periodically sometimes more times than not when I am connected via BT to my car. If I disconnect it doesn't do it.
Has anyone had this happen?

also sometimes when I swipe down from the top right corner to turn off the blue tooth it makes my phone freeze. Only happens when I'm connected to the Tesla.

I have deleted my phone from the car and added again and that did not help.
Thanks for the tips
I have the ringer volume change just as you describe it on my iPhone 11 Pro (but not to actual silent mode). It seems the new firmware is adjusting the Bluetooth volume on phones now according to car levels. Why this would change the ringer volume I do not understand. It is irritating as it lowers the ringer a lot and it doesn’t reset when I leave the car making me miss calls. Hope this gets fixed in a new firmware.

Reactions: selfbp
I can confirm this is happening to me. My MS70 is on 2019.36.2.3. Tesla Support asked me to hard/soft reboot, still happens. Remove/re-add the iPhone XS via bluetooth. Volume goes crazy on the phone itself. Support said they will send me an OTA update in "2-3 days".

Reactions: selfbp
Has anyone been able to get this fixed? I am still having the same problem, ringer volume changes randomly once my iPhone is connected to Bluetooth. Tested this morning, ringer was on highest volume before getting into the car, then after leaving had been set to a very low volume. Happens every time. This is after deleting the phone bluetooth profile, resetting the MCU and repairing.

All on newest firmware, including iOS 13.3. Never had this issue before.

Mods: Can we move this thread to user interface?

Could be wrong but I don’t think this is a car issue. mine does same thing when connected to just my AirPods now and maybe Apple Watch.
this is when I’m not even in the car.
Started doing this after recent IOS update.
I keep seeing it pop up the volume slider at top as I open and close different apps and or change from different Bluetooth

Could be wrong but I don’t think this is a car issue. mine does same thing when connected to just my AirPods now and maybe Apple Watch.
this is when I’m not even in the car.
Started doing this after recent IOS update.
I keep seeing it pop up the volume slider at top as I open and close different apps and or change from different Bluetooth
Looks like you are right. Seems to be an iPhone issue, possibly related to Bluetooth connections.
iPhone ringer level keeps changing on its… - Apple Community

Reactions: quickstrike12