Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone 13 Pro Max and Bluetooth cutting in and out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have an issue with the Bluetooth cutting in and out whether in the middle of a call or playing a song.
Not sure why but I’ve noticed that it’ll disconnect then reconnect. It’s pretty weird.
Should I just plug the phone into the usb for music? I already have one usb for the sentry dashcam drive but can’t figure out why the connection would cut in and out.

Appreciate any tips or tricks!

I have a 2018 100D and an iPhone 13 Pro Max.

Never had that issue with my 2018 S 100D and the same phone. Have you had Bluetooth issues with your phone and any other device?

Plugging your phone into the USB port will only charge your phone, it won’t play music that way. If you want to play from your phone, Bluetooth is your only option. If you have an Apple Music subscription, you can try using Tesla’s Apple Music in car app.

Appreciate the reply. No I never had any issues with my Bluetooth before. I do have a StateFarm drive safe beacon but again never an issue connecting to both.
I wonder if it’s worth bringing in over?

My iPhone 13 Pro Max works great in my 2015 MS P85D with MCU 2.0,

Recommend you REMOVE your iPhone from your Tesla's Bluetooth... and REMOVE your Tesla from your iPhone 13 Pro Max... then add your iPhone 13 Pro Max back to your Tesla. Remove / Re-pairing Bluetooth devices fixes most connectivity issues in my experience.

I’ve done the removal and the reset on the steering wheel and buttons. I’ve even renamed my phone. I still get the problem where I’ll be on a call and the radio will chime in and then back to the phone.
I’m not sure what’s happening exactly but it sure is weird.

Any thoughts??