Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone screen phantom touches on wireless mat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had this problem? My iPhone X in my 2021 model 3 is unusable while driving.
It’s as if some child is flicking their fingers all over the screen the whole time. So far it has managed to unpair my Bluetooth headphones and also change the Waze destination. It’s very frustrating and makes the charging mat unusable.
I guess there must be some static or some other interference? But I had a quick search and can’t see anyone else mentioning the same thing.

If anyone has any thoughts on cause or solution I would be thankful

Don't have a solution but cheap USB AC adapters can cause problems w/touchscreens. At work, we had 3-Outlet Mini Surge Protector with USB Ports (2.1 AMP) (or one very similar to it from Belkin) that caused phantom touches on the touchscreen of a coworker's iPhone when plugged into one of its USB ports. I gave him a standard Apple AC adapter and the problems went away.

Search Apple iPhone charger teardown: quality in a tiny expensive package for touchscreen a few times. That page points to https://www.cypress.com/file/117656/download.

Don't have a solution but cheap USB AC adapters can cause problems w/touchscreens. At work, we had 3-Outlet Mini Surge Protector with USB Ports (2.1 AMP) (or one very similar to it from Belkin) that caused phantom touches on the touchscreen of a coworker's iPhone when plugged into one of its USB ports. I gave him a standard Apple AC adapter and the problems went away.

Search Apple iPhone charger teardown: quality in a tiny expensive package for touchscreen a few times. That page points to https://www.cypress.com/file/117656/download.

Yup, I’d bet it’s this. Definitely an issue with insufficient power.

Has anyone had this problem? My iPhone X in my 2021 model 3 is unusable while driving.
It’s as if some child is flicking their fingers all over the screen the whole time. So far it has managed to unpair my Bluetooth headphones and also change the Waze destination. It’s very frustrating and makes the charging mat unusable.
I guess there must be some static or some other interference? But I had a quick search and can’t see anyone else mentioning the same thing.

If anyone has any thoughts on cause or solution I would be thankful

Is the phone in a case? I have an iPhone X and I’ll be taking delivery of my 21 Model 3 in a week. Hopefully it’s not useless.

My ‘20 Supra charged it fine, but cooked it - the phone got so hot it throttled the CPU and became unresponsive (or nearly so).

The Phantom gets bored with br(e)aking the car. Needs something to play with.

153B87B2-F0F0-49EF-A918-21A22E74A555.jpeg