Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone X Mount?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone come up with a decent way of holding the iPhone X in the iPod cradle area of a roadster? I’m talking about the little indent where the 30-pin connector comes out of.

thought perhaps there was a 3D printed item someone made or an aftermarket accessory? Any help you can provide is appreciated!!!! :)

I plug the phone in and got a magnet mount to hold it in place at the posterior end of the center section just below the buttons for Park, Driver, Reverse etc. Just misses the emergency brake. Not ideal, but it works.

I plug the phone in and got a magnet mount to hold it in place at the posterior end of the center section just below the buttons for Park, Driver, Reverse etc. Just misses the emergency brake. Not ideal, but it works.

Any chance you could grab a photo in the next day or two and upload. Curious to see it. Is this something you build yourself or was this a commercial mount that you modified?

IMG_1164.JPG
IMG_1165.JPG
IMG_1166.JPG
IMG_1167.JPG

The mount is a WIZGEAR stick on magnetic mount. https://www.amazon.com/WizGear-Universal-Dashboard-Swift-snap-Technology/dp/B012EI4J3O

The photos show where it is located. The plug in cord was adapted for the newer iPhone plug from an older plug. Can't recall exactly how it ws done.

I previously mounted the phone with a similar WIZGEAR vent attachment to the vent in the left upper dash and ran a cord to plug in from the cigarette lighter under the dash to attach it. Didn't like this as well. Neither is perfect though.

Timothy

Reactions: IslandRoadster
View attachment 507682 View attachment 507683 View attachment 507684 View attachment 507685

The mount is a WIZGEAR stick on magnetic mount. https://www.amazon.com/WizGear-Universal-Dashboard-Swift-snap-Technology/dp/B012EI4J3O

The photos show where it is located. The plug in cord was adapted for the newer iPhone plug from an older plug. Can't recall exactly how it ws done.

I previously mounted the phone with a similar WIZGEAR vent attachment to the vent in the left upper dash and ran a cord to plug in from the cigarette lighter under the dash to attach it. Didn't like this as well. Neither is perfect though.

Timothy

Thanks, Timothy. Doesn't look too bad, and it's probably better than the phone flying across the car on a corner.

Appreciate the photos. Cheers!

Anyone else have a unique solution?

I haven't tried one of these yet, but Carl used a 3-D printer to create a wedge for the under dash tray that supports a phone mount. Other solutions are included there also. Link to that thread is below:
better roadster phone mount
That works for 1.5 but not 2.x. Back in 2009 I designed a phone mount made of sheet aluminum to fit the 1.5 tray and accept ProClip holders; it is shown here. Again, not suitable for 2.x.

I haven't tried one of these yet, but Carl used a 3-D printer to create a wedge for the under dash tray that supports a phone mount. Other solutions are included there also. Link to that thread is below:
better roadster phone mount

Just checked with Carl yesterday on the 3D printer. Unfortunately, he doesn't have one. He must have subbed-out the work.

• Informative
Reactions: RobsJester