Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is a Tesla Model S the car for me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shorter post here.

The more you drive, the bigger the cost savings from Tesla. And if you have AP that commute will be awesome. Only thing I will say is that commute in temps of 40 or so and less may need a rated range of 280 or so depending on the speed. In San Jose and with charging at work should not be a problem. Others have gone into good detail about the charging.

I have a 60 mile round trip commute. I look forward to it everyday. Just put on AP, listen to podcasts. 2nd best part of my day.

As things come up keep posting here and people will help. I just feel your use case scenario is perfect for Tesla.

With that long of a commute its the perfect vehicle to enjoy a long drive, some days I wish I had a longer commute the car is so nice. I was spending about 400 a month in gas for my jeep and then add the maintenance on top of it, think about the savings and enjoyment an EV car would give. With a home charger along with your ability to charge at work it makes perfect sense. Lots of good deals on used cars that have free supercharging and have already taken the new car depreciation hit.

Do I need to buy from Tesla's Used stock to receive the free supercharging, or will any used car dealership offer the same?
Just a quick note. Buy a private party car with a existing warranty or Tesla CPO, you can purchase an additional $4750 4 year factory extended warranty on the private party car. If you are spending $400 per month on gas and thinking free supercharging is a big motivation make sure you have a warranty, if $400 is a major expense you don’t want any out of warranty Tesla expenses.

Reactions: arcus