Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is an ESA transferable? private party to private party when car has over 50k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scenario: First private party buys 4yrs/50k additional ESA with Tesla before 50k/yr factory warranty expires.
Second private party sells car to buyer when car has 51k miles (currently under ESA)
Question: can (and how) buyer transfer to seller the ESA?

Scenario: First private party buys 4yrs/50k additional ESA with Tesla before 50k/yr factory warranty expires.
Second private party sells car to buyer when car has 51k miles (currently under ESA)
Question: can (and how) buyer transfer to seller the ESA?
I believe the ESA transfers without problem. However if the seller didn’t buy the ESA the ability to purchase the ESA wouldn’t transfer.

...can...

Short answer: Yes.

From the Extended Service Agreement page:

Can I transfer my Extended Service Agreement to the new owner if I sell my Tesla car?
Yes. You can transfer the unused portion of your Extended Service Agreement with the sale of your car. The agreement will transfer to the new owner when the car ownership transfer is processed through Tesla. Please refer to the Extended Service Agreement Terms and Conditions for more information.