Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is charging available at Tesla Santa Monica?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is room for one or two cars behind the Tesla store on 3rd street. There is a charger, but when I visited there was a Model S demo vehicle there. I would definitely recommend calling in advance, and not assuming you can charge there. Also it was not a High Powered Wall Charger, I think it was a NEMA 14-50 type plug. It is in the heart of Santa Monica, there must be many public charging stations nearby.

There is room for one or two cars behind the Tesla store on 3rd street. There is a charger, but when I visited there was a Model S demo vehicle there. I would definitely recommend calling in advance, and not assuming you can charge there. Also it was not a High Powered Wall Charger, I think it was a NEMA 14-50 type plug. It is in the heart of Santa Monica, there must be many public charging stations nearby.
Exactly! Accessible through the alleyway. Here's a picture:
IMG_5666.JPG

I asked the Santa Monica Tesla store about it, and the Tesla reps said that they do not let Tesla owners park in the back for free charging. The main issue is that they have 1 1/2 spaces, and 1 space is occupied by the test-drive Model S. :crying:

That being said, they also said that the public parking garages just next door have free chargers. I know that the Santa Monica Place mall has chargers; I have not seen the chargers in the City-owned garages personally.

I successfully charged my car at the City Hall parking structure (Santa Monica Civic Center Parking Structure - Santa Monica, CA - Recargo) this weekend. I had a friend pick me up there on Friday night, and left the car overnight to charge. Charging is free, and parking costs $5/day. When I picked up the car, there were a few volts charging, so try to get there early if you plan to do a 4+ hours of charge. The City of Santa Monica has a fleet of Rav4's (?) that are parked there, but they weren't charging over the weekend. Make sure you go to the structure because it's 24/7. There's an outdoor lot with a row of charging, but you can only stay there for 4 hours.

Lots of 30amp chargers in Santa Monica. As far as I know there isn't a public 80amp model S wall charger though. The Hawthorne super charger is only about 10mi away as well. Maybe a resident on here with a wall charger will contact you too. Not sure what the Tesla store does--maybe you should give them a ring.

Although, 10 miles, is not TEN miles in Sta Monica to Hawthorn traffic.