Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service Center Pricing, Completely Random, what can we do ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
on 3 different occasions I interacted 3 different Tesla Service Centers in LA area and I was surprised how each time they give you a TOTAL different price, in the same week or day. as if the system that generates the price relies on a random number !

1- instance 1 - my battery contactor repairs
Tesla Service Center LA Centinela $2,429.18 (they said pyro fuse needs to be replaced) Due to lack of laoner car had to reschedule for Santa Monica
they first estimated $1,464.28 (and said no pyro fuse needed) and then after one day of working on the car they updated the estimate to $1,933.68
on the second day of working on the car, they said they also need to change the Bus Bar and updated the price to $2,630.58
the funny thing is Bus bar in their own PDF is $35 part but they increased total by $700

mind that santa monica one did NOT change the pyro fuse at all and charged more than Centinela (that quoted 2400 including pyro fuse) read more about it here

2- Instance 2 - TPMS sensor

my car been throwing tpms sensor errors and they all need to be replaced, I asked for estimate 3 times in different locations
I got prices between $700, $1500 and $1800 for "replacing TPMS sensors"

3- instance 3- Diagnose noise
for diagnose different centers (even same centers at different weeks) charge differently just to diagnose the car, from $150 to $250
absolutely NO rule, and no predictability, complete Random number generator

4- Instance 4- Wheel allignment

I dare you all try to create a service appointment for wheel allignment, it is a joke each time you get a TOTAL different price,

the quesiton is What can we do about this? is this a True Random Number generator by tesla software ? or is the managers there throwing a number from their mind into the bill ? is there any Law or any thing as a consumer we can do ?
I have saved my PDF of the estimates and if someone wants to team up and do any legal action I can provide my PDFs