Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is COP using AC for certain? Or just blower fans?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There used to be an option to use COP with the fan only which would allow the cabin temperature to exceed 105F but now your only 2 choices are on, in which case the full ac system including the compressor is running, or off.

There used to be an option to use COP with the fan only which would allow the cabin temperature to exceed 105F but now your only 2 choices are on, in which case the full ac system including the compressor is running, or off.
I never recall such an option.

To my knowledge the behavior has always been the same - "vent or operate AC as necessary to maintain cabin temperature below 105"

My owners manual shows 2 options and I seem to remember having 2 choices but then again I could be wrong and I certainly wouldn’t expect the owners manual to keep up with the reality of a car that changes with each new software update.

I never recall such an option.

To my knowledge the behavior has always been the same - "vent or operate AC as necessary to maintain cabin temperature below 105"
The option to enable Cabin Overheat Protection without using A/C is currently only available on the Model 3.