Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Enhanced Cruise Control the same as AutoPilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wipster

Meanwhile I was still thinkin'...
Supporting Member
Nov 10, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Good Sunday morning (for those on the left coast)! My best friend is considering purchasing a 2019 Model 3 SR+, lease return, good condition. In the listing, the dealer is showing that it has enhanced cruise control. Is that the same as AutoPilot?

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can provide!

Good Sunday morning (for those on the left coast)! My best friend is considering purchasing a 2019 Model 3 SR+, lease return, good condition. In the listing, the dealer is showing that it has enhanced cruise control. Is that the same as AutoPilot?

Tesla doesnt have anything called "Enhanced cruise control" so whatever that is, its what THAT dealer is choosing to call those words.

Tesla has "Autopilot", "Enhanced autopilot" and "Full self driving" as feature names for their lane keeping car features. "Enhanced cruise control" means nothing (and certainly does not necessarily mean "enhanced autopilot" if the car is not coming from Tesla.

Perhaps you are telephone gaming the text in the listing, and it actually says "enhanced autopilot"?

The list of features in each of the three things i listed above is described by tesla here:

If its "enhanced autopilot" (and not "enhanced cruise control") then it has all the features of autopilot + most of the features from full self driving... however if its a non tesla dealer, I would ignore "enhanced cruise control" as its possible for a 2019 to have anything from no autopilot features standard, autopilot, enhanced autopilot, or full self driving.

Tesla doesnt have anything called "Enhanced cruise control" so whatever that is, its what THAT dealer is choosing to call those words.

Tesla has "Autopilot", "Enhanced autopilot" and "Full self driving" as feature names for their lane keeping car features. "Enhanced cruise control" means nothing (and certainly does not necessarily mean "enhanced autopilot" if the car is not coming from Tesla.

Perhaps you are telephone gaming the text in the listing, and it actually says "enhanced autopilot"?

The list of features in each of the three things i listed above is described by tesla here:

If its "enhanced autopilot" (and not "enhanced cruise control") then it has all the features of autopilot + most of the features from full self driving... however if its a non tesla dealer, I would ignore "enhanced cruise control" as its possible for a 2019 to have anything from no autopilot features standard, autopilot, enhanced autopilot, or full self driving.
Thanks! That's what I thought, but the dealer listing confused me and I wanted to make sure I got it right.

Your help is much appreciated my friend! Enjoy the Phoenix Open and the Super Bowl today!

Reactions: jjrandorin

They are all cruise control systems. Tesla calls their cruise control system Autopilot. Ford calls theirs Co-pilot 360, etc.. That dealer is ignorant. So he might get a got deal negotiating down the price, because Autopilot has more future potential.

Reactions: wipster