Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it acceptable to block parking spots at a Supercharger?

Is it acceptable to block parking spots at a Supercharger?

• Never, unmount any hitch or trailer if the cord doesn’t reach

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Only if you are not blocking Supercharger spots

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Acceptable only if you stay with your car

Votes: 54 66.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What would your opinion be of this vehicle if you arrived at a Supercharger to charge? What if you were just someone who needed to park in the parking lot where the Supercharger was?

IMG_2874.JPG

I voted acceptable if you stay with your car because I think it's closest.

My slightly more detailed answer would be that it's OK if you're with the car and there's a high probability that you won't have to move.

Order of importance:
(1) Don't inconvenience others
(2) Don't inconvenience yourself

Your poll choices are quite biased...

Its highly dependent on circumstances. If the parking lot is empty, sure go ahead its not hurting anything. If its a packed parking lot, then no, not acceptable. If you stay with the car and quickly move it if you see someone else looking for a spot thats fine too.

I've yet to go to a SC as my car has just been ordered, but is it not possible to back in with the bikes on there? is the lead that short?
Yes, it is possible.
I use a Metal Rack Carrier on my car for hauling things (not bikes) and it sticks out FURTHER then those bike racks and I still can back in and the charge plug will reach no problem. However, if no one is around, it is vastly easier to just park like in the photos. If other cars are charging, or busy lot, then I back in.

I've done it multiple times - I just stay with the car. This could be easily resolved with a charger port in the front too.

Or by putting the bikes on a roof rack. Which the car WAS designed for. I would personally like to try backing up in the charger spot and just missing the charger with the bikes / hitch, but seeing if the cord would still reach. Or maybe coming across the lawn to the other side. Oh, so many possibilities!

But, I agree. If you're not bothering anybody, who cares?