Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it just me that is disapointed by the cargo space!?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never use the trunk. All I do is drive my car and throw a few things hear and there in the backseat so I could care less about trunk space. All any type of space is going to do is simply collect dust until I clean it once every week.

I'll take a Tesla with extra range or power if it could be put up front instead of frunk space. Really no need for a front trunk

I have a 2008 Lexus GS 350 and the trunk space is 14 cu ft. With this spec saying Frunk and Trunk combine being 14 cu ft, I am very disappointed. The thing I dislike about my Lexus have been the trunk space of lack there of.

As a Model S owner, I am spoiled with that space and love the space. I know Model 3 wouldn't be big like Model S, but I would expect it to be at the very least larger than the Lexus I have. Turned out, it is smaller. Lol

All designs are compromises. One of Tesla's greatest achievements is just how few compromises they designed into the Model S. It's a large sport sedan that's a blast to drive. It swallows cargo like a station wagon. It's beautiful on the outside and pretty darn nice on the inside, too.
Tesla chose different design compromises for the Model 3. It's still beautiful on the outside (whoever is doing those clay models deserves a standing ovation). The inside is just adequate. maybe. It swallows cargo like a small-ish sedan. It will likely be a blast to drive, especially in performance optioned versions. It will be cheap to build in large quantities, earn the company a strong profit and help move the world of personal transportation in an electric direction.
Different design compromises, different results.
Robin

Last edited:
I have a 2008 Lexus GS 350 and the trunk space is 14 cu ft. With this spec saying Frunk and Trunk combine being 14 cu ft, I am very disappointed. The thing I dislike about my Lexus have been the trunk space of lack there of.

As a Model S owner, I am spoiled with that space and love the space. I know Model 3 wouldn't be big like Model S, but I would expect it to be at the very least larger than the Lexus I have. Turned out, it is smaller. Lol
Well the Model 3 is an entire size class smaller than GS 350. Unless it was made into a hatch, the likelihood of it having a larger trunk is already slim in the first place. Model 3 has a stretched wheelbase which makes it worse too for trunk space.

I mean... 13ft cube for trunk AND frunk combined.. this is smaller than my Kia Soul that does even have a frunk. Am I missing something?

Yes you are! Nobody is forcing you to buy the Model 3!!! Why do people like you post negative comments about a car if the car doesn't meet their needs. If I go look at a Toyota Camry and it doesn't meet my needs, I'm not going to go out to a blog and gripe about it, I'm simply going to go find a car that suits me.

Yes you are! Nobody is forcing you to buy the Model 3!!! Why do people like you post negative comments about a car if the car doesn't meet their needs. If I go look at a Toyota Camry and it doesn't meet my needs, I'm not going to go out to a blog and gripe about it, I'm simply going to go find a car that suits me.
Well that's some pretty much boring internet you got there.

I guess the internet should be all about writing poem about flower and the sun.