Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it me, or is it better? [my phone connects to car super fast now]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone notice how fast the phone connects to the car since the last update 2022.44.25.1? Mine is almost instantly, before it would take forever to connect.
Good question. This release could have bug fixes for that. The more replies from people with this problem, the more we'll learn. Someday we'll learn enough to give solid advice or the bugs will get fixed.

Also, a software update reprograms (all?) the car's microprocessors, which could fix state problems. Is this your car's first update?

Another possibility is configuration such as special characters in the phone's Bluetooth name ("Jbquer's phone"). Changing the name did seem to fix connections for me, but I didn't try restoring the previous name to test if the occasional problem returned. The TMC post with that suggestion also recommended removing special chars from Contacts names, which seems unlikely to help but I did remove parentheses and such just in case.