Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver door slow to open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone,

I saw this asking last October but no answers. Anyone notice the driver's door can take a while to finally open? I've never had an issue with the door right behind it so maybe the sensor is close to the rear. Maybe I'll try with my phone held up with the screen on and test how fast it is then.

The Bluetooth antenna is in the passenger side mirror. Not my picture.

1708218725987.png

It will take a door a little bit longer to unlock if the car is in deep sleep. The first pull of the handle wakes the car.

You are probably opening the back door when the car is already awake.

Maybe but I randomly do the back door first just to see and it has always opened right away. I swear not one time since June 2023 has it ever been slow but the front door maybe 50%+ of the time is really really slow. Maybe the angle if where I'm standing at the rear passenger door does it better? I'll keep testing. Maybe I'll stand farther to the rear and reach for the driver door and see

Edit: car has been in garage for hours and rear door opened in a split second. I'll let it sit more and try the driver door