Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is it normal for Tesla to charge separately for bollards, or should they be included [if needed]?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bollards they pace are bolted with concrete anchors, not going to protect much anyway.
I think h2ofun cursed me with disconnect switches thou.
Be hopeful they don't make Tesla install 12k bollards per Section 312 of the IFC like County of Santa Clara. Last time I did these the base plate was over 1/2" thick high strength plate and the base was over 18" x 18"

Just making those bollards was like $250 each

Reactions: h2ofun
Tesla has three options for installation:
1) outside, requires pads and very long wire runs.
2) wall mounted above bumper around perimeter of garage. Lots of conduit work and wiring.
3) pedistal mount inside garage on west wall beside service entrance and electrical panels. Lowest installation cost.

They chose option 3, and then want to charge ME for bollards. I think they should be included.
The lowest installation cost got you the estimate they gave you. How do you know the other two options would not have cost more?

To answer, yes, they should charge more. This is something that few people need or get. It is an additional item. Labor for drilling through foundation, pouring concrete, and installing the device is probably more than the additional labor for the other two options.

Last edited:
Option two would be about 400 feet more of 10 gauge wire, 5 more wall bracket, not to mention 1” conduit.

Wire 1000 bucks, brackets 150, emit 400. Total 1550, and not to mention labor. So I’m going to say option 2 is 3K more. And NO bollards!

Bollards to be installed are not as you described. Just bolted to floor.

Last edited: