Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to swap orders with someone who has a different model on order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all:

I posted this in Model Y subforum but didn't get an answer.

I have a Model Y LR on order (Bay Area, VIN not assigned yet). I locked the order at $52,999. I have decided that I don't need the Model Y and looking to switch to a Model 3 standard range. Is it possible to swap orders with someone who wants to do the opposite and still take advantage of our lower prices? Any help is greatly appreciated.

(moderator note)

The only place selling reservations etc is allowed to be discussed is in the tesla for sale subforum. The mod for the model Y subforum likely did not notice your other post there. Moved to tesla for sale subforum.

(moderator note)

The only place selling reservations etc is allowed to be discussed is in the tesla for sale subforum. The mod for the model Y subforum likely did not notice your other post there. Moved to tesla for sale subforum.

Thanks, to clarify, I am looking to swap orders not selling my order. I didn’t even know you can sell orders.

Thanks, to clarify, I am looking to swap orders not selling my order. I didn’t even know you can sell orders.

You cant technically do either, actually, but people currently work around that by transferring an entire tesla profile. No idea if that will continue to work, but tesla does not support this in the slightest.

I don't have an M3 reservation to trade but I would be interested in buying your reservation if you're interested in selling it.

My preference is to swap reservation with a Model 3, my estimated delivery is March 23 - April 20. Looks like I set up my profile late and delivery pushed back.

Please DM me if you want to discuss taking over my reservation.

Hello, I have a Model 3 order placed long ago, and can purchase anytime now. Somehow I wanted to Model Y. Could anyone advise where is the best place to swap with someone has Model Y reservation?

I am in Bay Area in US

Hello, I have a Model 3 order placed long ago, and can purchase anytime now. Somehow I wanted to Model Y. Could anyone advise where is the best place to swap with someone has Model Y reservation?

I am in Bay Area in US

As long as both people have orders AND don't own Teslas... you can simply swap accounts by exchanging username/password then changing the registration + delivery location on the order itself (separate from the account).

You can also change the e-mail address and phone number on the Tesla account too.

Reactions: agzand and UCF3