Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Model 3 LTE modem updated for AT&T new Bands ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After Tesla Model 3 release, AT&T added new LTE Bands such as Band-14 ( FirstNet, It is open for the consumer). Usually, LTE bands can't be added through software unless the modem has support for it.

I couldn't any information on the web, so posting here.

My Tesla Model 3 supports Band 14, but that's only because I use an AT&T Hotspot and connect to that via WiFi. Actually I use a Verizon Hotspot as well for when I'm in areas not covered well with AT&T. (I combine both hotspots using software called Speedify on my laptop to have a stable connection for work when traveling). Like with anything such as supplemental power it's best to use a portable battery bank, supplemental internet use a Hotspot or two or three or four, for music stream using your own phone as you'll get a better selection and better quality than the built in streaming. About the only thing I use from Tesla is their mapping software, and it's great but not perfect, so sometimes abetterrouteplanner or Waze has to supplement.