Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is Model Y body flex creak a common thing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may want to investigate adjusting the tailgate rubber stops (common issue here). Adjustment is handled via turning them out. If they are turned all the way in, the trunk may actually have some play in it where the latch is moving and you get metal/metal contact.
i have done that earlier and the creaking reduced considerably. however, i find that low intencity creaks do comes back when the rear wheels go over pavement. only way to reduce that is it open the tail gate and close it again. i have a feeling that the rubber stops creak when they twist and warp when i drive over pavement. opening and closing the lid gets them back to their shape. this is just a theory as i dont know how else to explain this.

quick question please . After I have loosed the tail gate rubber stoppers , I find the secondary lock (the one that squeezes the lid to the frame) is struggling to close. It’s closing none the less. Would this damage the lock in the long run ?