Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is Model Y body flex creak a common thing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have a 2023 RWD model y that creaks when rear wheel goes over pavement or getting the vehicle in and out of the driveway. this creak developed after 3000 miles of driving. tesla mobile service agent says its not suspension issue and its body flex. i suspect its due to battery casing rubbing against the vehicle frame. i notice similar noises on 2 other LR vehicles all but in a low intensity.

All cars have flex and creaks, not just Tesla. You hear those more because it is quiet (EV remember?)

i was able to demonstrate the noise. However, i was asked to rebook it as the vehicle has to be left for a day or so for them to strip the boot out to find the source. i am having second thoughts now, will give it few weeks or so and see if it gets unbearable. thanks for all the comments.

Glass roof is the culprit. Glass does not bend/flex like metal does, so this 'creaking' sound you hear when turning in to your driveway (especially if going over a hump) is expected as the vehicle's body is contorting very slowly.

Glass roof is the culprit. Glass does not bend/flex like metal does, so this 'creaking' sound you hear when turning in to your driveway (especially if going over a hump) is expected as the vehicle's body is contorting very slowly.
Good point . But I tend to hear the noises from back (tail gate area). May be you are right as I haven’t actually been in the back seat when vehicle is in motion .

Good point . But I tend to hear the noises from back (tail gate area). May be you are right as I haven’t actually been in the back seat when vehicle is in motion .
You may want to investigate adjusting the tailgate rubber stops (common issue here). Adjustment is handled via turning them out. If they are turned all the way in, the trunk may actually have some play in it where the latch is moving and you get metal/metal contact.

Reactions: RajG