Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y rear cabin interior creaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got my Model Y long range and now done 5000 miles. I've just started noticing vibration rattle noise coming from the rear cabin at low speeds and also creaking from the same area when the body flexes going over Kerbs or cambers at very low speeds.. can anyone help me identify what could be causing these please?

I'm having the same issue. Pretty much don't have rattles but when it gets cold my rear cabin area has creaking and a fair amount of noise when hitting bumps in the road. No rattles (like loose clip rattles) but seems like the creaking its just everywhere! Similar to vinyl rubbing in vinyl. I did a physical inspection of my back are and it seems like the c pillar interior trim (next to the back seats) make a similar noise against the rubber door molding where it overlaps. I pressed on the moldings and they move slightly. I saw on a Bimmer forum that the rubber can be treated, so I'm going to try that before I get to the other vibration/creaking noises that the cabin makes. I've watched a ton of youtube videos and couldn't find anything similar to what I and yourself seem to be experiencing. I came from a Lexus and the interior creaking was NON EXISTENT. It's bothering me!

Upvote 0
I had a similar issue and set up a Tesla service appointment. I did a drive w/ the technician for them to hear it (mainly going slow over dips or speed bumps) and they winded up charging $159 to fix it. The service invoice said the fix was to component/trim/seal adjustment near rear antenna amplifiers. Since getting the car back the creaking is now longer present. I have a 2021 MY w/ 25k miles, it probably started around 20k and finally got fed up w/ the creaking and got it fixed last week.

Upvote 0