Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is my A/C compressor failing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I turned on my A/C for the first time in 5 months and have noticed that it’s making significantly more noise than it used to. Here’s a video I took today while swapping out my Winter tires:

gcTexrn.mp4

The compressor has never sounded this loud (and it is really, really loud inside the cabin). I’m recently out of warranty 2yr 65,000mi is there anything I can do to reduce the noise or prevent further degradation if the compressor is failing?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
So changing the filters solved the noise? I mean, they look dirty, but not so dirty that they wouldn't pass sufficient airflow. Plus the compressor is likely to run less if there's less airflow over the evaporator coils, not more.

My A/C has always made this noise so I made a service center appointment last year regarding it. They tested the A/C and said everything was fine and that the noise was normal. Still not convinced though... let me know if you find anything else or what your service center says if you take it in