Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla 3 sounds like plane taking off. Normal or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

My tesla 3 2020 sounds like a plane engine ready to take off (or similar to a leafblower too) It's very loud. It happens when I open the door (car wakes up).
My A/C fan is at 3 (very low setting)
Cabin overheat is off
Sentry is off
Car is parked in garage. It happens regardless of outside temperature. (I'm in Austin).

I dont know how long it last because it still sounds after I start driving.

Attaching video for reference. I contacted support and they say it's normal (car is still within warranty). Hearing other teslas, I can hear the AC pumps working but they dont make this high noise.

Thanks in advance.

Ps. Video is too big for this site, so I uploaded here instead: VEED - VID_20230724_103804556~2.mp4

My 2020 M3 sounds pretty much like yours on hot days when I first get in the car and the AC goes on full blast. After the cabin has cooled down, the noise level drops considerably. I've assumed that the noise is just the AC working hard to cool down the cabin. It's been like this since I bought the car in the late summer of 2020 and after 22,000 miles.

Upvote 0
At least you don't have this issue.
1691606410077.png

Reactions: DownshiftDre
Upvote 0
In May, 2021 service center found that coolant level was low when I said coolant pumps seemed loud.
"Low coolant alerts were present. Appears coolant level was not filled to correct level from the factory."
Tesla G-48 coolant was added.
Your issue may be different?

Upvote 0