Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the upcoming battery day factored into the current $935 stock price?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No one knows, but I found this suggestion interesting:

I am convinced Tesla is going for a big cap raise. I wonder if they are hedging on 'battery day' and the cap raise that I believe will come with it as they would like to line up the 'stars' perfectly with a GAAP + quarter? If my speculation is correct then we see the announcement of a date for battery day when they are convinced that they will achieve GAAP+ and therefor inclusion in SP500. Hopefully they can make this determination in the next 10-14 days.

hmmm...

If that's how things play out, then I'd say battery day isn't factored in just yet — because it'd be part of a package with another GAAP profitable quarter and a cap raise. There's room for uncertainty around each of those items, potentially causing the stock price to move in any direction. Recently Tesla's management has done a good job of managing cap raises, so I'd lean toward a positive impact.

not sure when battery day is actually happening. Does anyone know ?

What effect do you think it will have on the stock price?
It is factored in slightly. I'm expecting an announcement of a specific date to not move the SP significantly. As we get closer to said date (last 10 to 5 trading days) I expect a "buy the rumour" rise.

After the event itself (or part 1, if they split it into two parts) the effect on the stock price is impossible to predict, just as with ER CC's.

If the rally was already high and the news is not THAT incredible, a "sell the news" drop is very likely.

A lot depends on:
- what is announced on battery day (how amazing is it);
- the time frame for said announcements (the closer to now, the better);
- how high the stock has rallied before the event;
- the macro's up to and after the event;

Also don't forget that Wall Street can also just ignore an amazing announcent (e.g. Autonomy Day). Wall Street analysts are generally close minded and need to see something happening before truly believing things are happening. That's why they only started upgrading Tesla stock price targets AFTER the huge runup.

All in all: you can't be sure about the stock price short term (without insider trading/knowledge, which is illegal).

If you however believe Tesla will announce great things on Battery Day AND execute well, then $2000 within maximum five years is secured and you should invest. If you're scared of buying on a local high, then just buy with part of your cash now, and buy every month/three months to dollar cost average.

Good luck to all.

Reactions: LN1_Casey
IMO people outside the Tesla bubble barely know Battery Day is coming...

The closer people are to the action the more excited they seem to be...

Elon's "mind is blown" and there are whispers that Tesla staff are excited...

IMO there will be an added dimension like V2G and/or Roadrunner packs, in some shipping Tesla vehicles, so fair chance of a bounce after the event depending on how much people understand and media reporting of the event..