Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the wheel bore/offset the same on Model S and Model X? (Winter wheel setup question)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded in my 2016 Model S for a 2020 Model X. The winter wheel set I had for the Model S (that I kept) are 19” Cyclone wheels (the ones that were an original upgrade for the Model S) with Michelin MX-ICE XI3 245/44/19 tires.

Tesla sells a 'Model X 19" Cyclone Wheel and Winter Tire Package' (Model X 19" Cyclone Wheel and Winter Tire Package) with Pirelli Scorpion 265/50/19.

I expect that I can’t just use the Model S set on the Model X because of the overall size and weight capacity differences. But I’m trying to determine if my 19” Cyclones wheels are even the same size as the Model X winter package ones. The MX ones indicate that they are 19X8.5, whereas from what I can research, the MS ones are 19X8.0.

Is the bore/offset the same on Model S and Model X?
I’ve never seen MS wheels on MX, or vice versa, other than a few years ago when I spoke to a gentlemen at a Supercharger who had a Model X with a Cyclone winter setup and said they worked great. I didn’t think at the time that they could have been different wheels from mine.

Just trying to determine if I can use my current wheels with new tires on the Model X this winter, or if I need to swap out the whole set.

Thanks!

I bought 19" rims from a friend’s 2015 Model S and last winter put them on my 2019 Model X with Nokian snow tires.
Nokian calls for 265/50-19 for the Model X on their website. Before doing this I discussed it with the manager of my local SC.

For the record, I ended up buying the 'Model X 19" Cyclone Wheel and Winter Tire Package' (19” Cyclones with Pirelli Scorpion 265/50/19), and the wheels appear to be the same size and fit fine.

My question now is would it be unsafe to run the Model S set (Michelin X-ICE XI3 245/45/R19) on the Model X for ~600 miles?
(So that I can transport them from the SF Bay Ares to Central Oregon where I will have a better chance of selling)

I have been running these tires now for over 4 years and 50,000 miles on Model S Slipstream wheels with no problems. I am getting ready to replace them soon, but they are not wore out yet.

Attachments

• IMG_4083.JPG
    IMG_4083.JPG
    552.3 KB · Views: 64