Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a guide to using the radio?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having some problems with the radio. When I search for a particular song it will usually play it once--however, when I search for that same song again it will almost always play a different song usually, but not always, by the same artist. Lets say (just for example) I want to play "feel this moment by Pitbull," it will play it once, then if I search for it again the next day it will say "Feel this moment radio" but play a different song, usually by Pitbull. Is there some guide to proper radio usage because right now its not making a ton of sense.

That's normal free/cheap streaming service behavior. Check Slacker to see what it should do. It's not something Tesla has control of, other than paying more for premium service. The good part is that if this is important to you, you should e able to pay for your own Slacker premium account and log into it from your car.

Per: Things I learned about Slacker Streaming
- creating a playlist is the ONLY way to ensure you can play a song on demand, every single time. Example - one day you could say "play met gala by Gucci mane", and it played. Next day, it would play 'met gala radio' and No matter how many times you skipped, it never ever plays. When it's on the playlist, plays every time.
- you can't add songs from your playlist to your favorites radio...meaning as its playing from the playlist, there's no favorite icon.

This is why I went with Spotify and not Pandora/Slacker. Sure hope we can get the European software soon. :p