Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a setting for speed camera and red light camera alerts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2024 Tesla Model 3 new owner here. I'd like the car to beep or say "speed camera ahead/red light camera ahead" when I'm approaching them, because right now it doesn't. Is there a setting that I'm missing? If not, at the very least, is one planned in a future update? Or am I just too used to Waze?

What version do you have on your car? I think this is a new feature in the Spring update, 2024.14 and newer.

Took this pic the other day. Is there a later version? It says up to date.

Attachments

• 20240521_222514.jpg
    20240521_222514.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 10
What if the speed camera is to the right on an upcoming intersection and you plan to turn right. How does Waze know when to warn you since it doesn't know you're turning?

The closest one to a corner that I know of here on Staten Island is about 100 feet from the intersection. So if I were to turn on it with Waze, it would immediately say "speed camera ahead" after the turn. But let's say it was directly after the turn:

1) On Waze, the radius circle would still be there, so even if it was silent I would likely still see it. Even if Tesla doesn't want to give us voice alerts, I see no reason why they can't have the red dot appear on the map (like they do in navigation).

2) We all (I hope) slow down around corners when making a turn, so it's extremely unlikely that a ticket would happen. Here in SI, it triggers if you do 10 mph over the limit. So if the speed limit is 30, you would have to do 40 around the corner to trigger it.

• Helpful
Reactions: father_of_6
What if the speed camera is to the right on an upcoming intersection and you plan to turn right. How does Waze know when to warn you since it doesn't know you're turning?
It doesn't. I have a radar detector with red light and speed camera warnings. As you approach an intersection with the camera it alerts you even it there isn't one in my direction. I get alerts all the time on the highway because there's a camera on the service road next to it.

• Informative
Reactions: father_of_6
It doesn't. I have a radar detector with red light and speed camera warnings. As you approach an intersection with the camera it alerts you even it there isn't one in my direction. I get alerts all the time on the highway because there's a camera on the service road next to it.

Okay, that makes sense. And it still provides protection against the cameras, albeit with some false positives.