Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to check a car production date by Vin#

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She sad 6/1/2020 but doesn't know about the USB C and wireless charger

Sorry I mis read your question. I thought you were asking what day the car was made, while I see now that you want to know if it has the USB C port. There is no way that I know of for anyone to verify that without looking at the car itself. You can (and already have) gotten the date the car was made, but that does not "guarentee" anything.

I mis read what you were asking, so, sorry about that.

• Love
Reactions: Rachmaninov
I recently found some interesting info regarding narrowing down a production date. It's not valid for checking via the VIN but still informative. While searching for a B-pillar rattle on my 2020 3 I found the date stamps on the base of the weatherstripping. Taking this with the month my car was built I can narrow it to a week or so when the car was made - maybe. (pure speculation)

Car was built in October 2019 and weatherstripping shows 2 dates on each piece. 1 is the first week of October - the other piece is the second week of October. I took delivery November 1, 2019.

(I know in mass production a lot of components arrive to a factory in large quantities that may have dates from as far back as a year but thought this was interesting)