Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there a way to lower drivers seat on Tesla Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got 2021 Plaid S and car is great, BUT. I’m 6’02” guy and Tesla seats are kind of high for me, I’ve been mostly driving German and British cars in the pasts and seats can go very deep/low it’s a very different story with Tesla. I’m sitting uncomfortably high and seat is maximum low. Is there maybe a mechanical way of lowering those seats? I’ve noticed most American cars doesn’t let you adjust seat distance as much as European cars, wondering if there are some kind of US law in place that stopping manufacturers to go to far or to low from the steering wheel.

I just got 2021 Plaid S and car is great, BUT. I’m 6’02” guy and Tesla seats are kind of high for me, I’ve been mostly driving German and British cars in the pasts and seats can go very deep/low it’s a very different story with Tesla. I’m sitting uncomfortably high and seat is maximum low. Is there maybe a mechanical way of lowering those seats? I’ve noticed most American cars doesn’t let you adjust seat distance as much as European cars, wondering if there are some kind of US law in place that stopping manufacturers to go to far or to low from the steering wheel.
Did you ever find an answer to this? I recently sat in the driver seat and even at the lowest setting it sits to tall. I’m about an inch taller than you. This is mind boggling the mechanical seat can’t drop lower.

Did you ever find an answer to this? I recently sat in the driver seat and even at the lowest setting it sits to tall. I’m about an inch taller than you. This is mind boggling the mechanical seat can’t drop lower.

I'm 6'5" and don't have too much trouble sitting in the new S. This varies from person to person. Would I prefer it lower? Absolutely. But that's generally the case in every single car I drive.

Im 6' 4" and I want the seat pan lower and the headrest higher. The headrests seems to bulge out right where my shoulders are. Leave the seatback where it is and sink the seat pan 4" or so and I'd probably be pretty happy.

I have seen some racing seats that claim to sit lower than the factory does, but I am reluctant to go that route just yet. Comfort concerns. 😂