TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is there a way to reset just the browser?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by jtdiddy, Jun 7, 2018.

1. jtdiddy

jtdiddy Member

my browser sometimes does nothing or is frozen but the rest of the MCU is fine.

is there a way to just reset the browser without resetting the entire MCU?

2. bob_p

bob_p Active Member

Other than going to a different website, there doesn't appear to be much control over the browser - and you'll likely need to do a console processor reset.

• Like x 1
  3. McManX

McManX Member

Just pull out your iPad instead

4. GOPJEW

GOPJEW Member

Unfortunately no - the browser issue is a well known issue @ Tesla - was very disappointed that in last update it did NOT fix it...

5. Milin1609

Milin1609 Member

Browser on Tesla's are literally useless. Once in a while, if you have patience, you can use it. Else, it is a joke.......

6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

@jtdiddy ...you are most likely on MCU2 which has more issues ...MCU1 is just a full center console reboot and usually solves browser issues ...but generally browser sux I keep mine permanently on Waze page ;)

7. GoCanes

GoCanes Member

I have an MCU1 and it’s been stuck on the same website since the latest update (2018.21.9 75bdbc11). Hopefully the next update will offer a cure - i’ve tried rebooting several time. But then, i rarily use the browser...

8. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

I'm MCU1 also, but a dozen yahoo stock ticker pages load for me every morning, not fast but nothing like stuck. You may have another issue.

old |v2018.18.2|AP2,PUP|
    new |v2018.21.9|AP2,PUP|

• Helpful x 1
  9. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

My browser works okay on this update, so you may have some other issue here. It’s still a crap browser, but certainly usable if required.