Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there any 50W wireless charging product that can replace the one built into Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OnePlus. I've been using OnePlus for the past few years. My current phone is a OnePlus 10 Pro and I use 50w wireless charger.
I looked this up. That is a specialized non-standard charger with a powerful fan. I would guess it's quite unlikely that a third party version would be available, especially one that could live underneath the console charging pad area. It would be a major ventilation problem, aside from the efficiency issue of waste heat generation in the cabin, compounded by the need for extra air conditioner cooling in warm months to counteract that.

However, if anything like this were to exist, I think it would be offered in China where the market for OnePlus phones in Teslas would be. You could look on AliExpress, but I have my doubts.

A starting point would be, does anyone aside from OnePlus make a claimed 50W wireless charger for the Pro phones? What is the input voltage to the OnePlus unit? Is it a custom DC wall adapter charger, or USB PD? Is there a cigarette lighter plug to use it in a car? Or is it a dedicated AC maans power supply? I ask all this because, unless it runs from a standard USB-C PD protocol, any third-partyvmaker would have to engineer the custom wireless charging protocol ask derived from an automotive accessory-power source.

Anyway, good luck and report back if you find something.

Good to know about OnePlus 10 pro and 50w wireless charging speed. Good on them , but unless this becomes a standard highly unlikely to find a 3rd party wireless charger for Tesla
From a review I read for the phone ...
The 50W wireless charging speed is only possible with OnePlus' proprietary wireless charging stand, so keep that in mind.